Sunday, August 4, 2013

Anybody can make this!


It's time to make little fun things with my thrift finds!  I allow myself a small hoarding corner for my junk. When that corner gets full, that means I can't junk anymore until I have used what is there.  So.....it's all about flameless candle projects!

First up.....
I was given a scroll saw and was itching to use it.  I glued together some beadboard and sketched a heart.  I cut the design with my scroll saw and then made straight cuts to break up the pieces.  I found a scrap piece of wood and an old hinge.  Perfect for a candle shelf!  I then printed one of my art images on tissue and modge podged the image to the candle and let it dry. 
I kinda dig how it turned out!


I repeated that process with a cross image

I have a TON of frames and I can't  always use them for artwork.  I used 3 - 5x7 thrift store find frames to make this lantern.  Stencil and stamping vellum and taping it to the glass makes a great see through surface.  The ribbon is hot glued on the top and bottom to stabilize it.


I found a pile of thin wooden boxes on clearance at a craft store.  I decided they would make a great Christmas gift/ decoration.  I cut a hole in the corner to put a little votive vase in.  I used scrap booking tape to cover the candle with.  It's so fun to use!  Translucent and comes in so many great patterns!  This one perfectly matched some ribbon I had laying around.  I used a canvas scrap to stamp a phrase on for a tag.

How great is a mason jar?  Now with their renewed popularity, you can get great lids with slots to arrange flowers. Scrapbook tape again!  I love the glow of this blue!

This is a shadow box made from scrap wood and beadboard.  I had some little buckets and thought I would make an "off to college" night light.  Using stencils, small paint roller and vellum this is a super quick project.  

There is a lot more to go to empty the hoarding corner but this is a good start!!

You can find these wares at my first barn sale of the fall!



No comments:

Post a Comment