Sunday, July 31, 2011

would you like some cheese with that whine

Unless you were getting a make-over by me this week you were greeted by a whiner!  I got back from the most fantastic vacation and the reentry was a bit difficult.  It was a combination of the heat, feeling behind on some deadlines and I really loved sleeping in late.  You name it...I have cried about it this week!

When I went back into the studio....I just did not have it.  To my surprise, the vacation full of all of it's color and fun, appeared to not inspire me to make anything!  WAAA  WAAA!  So, I started off just sketching and laying down layers of joint compound.  My post vacay depression made me see only in black and white...and drawing is black and texture is white.  I approached it like reading a book....just keep reading until it hooks you.  20 sketches later.....I gave up.

As much as art brings to my world, the hair biz is my first love.  I have always loved the transformation and the affect it has on someone.  We visit and have fun...I make you pretty.....you pay me.... What's not to love? 
This was the week of major transformation.  Early in the week, Susan, who had recovered from a serious case of anemia, had lost a great deal of her hair.  Her sweet husband gave her a set of extensions for her birthday.  Her hair was above the shoulders and a blah brown.  After some caramel highlights and some foxy hair added...she was thrilled!  Now, that is something that a canvas will never do when you are finished...give you a rib breaking hug:)  I usually do not do before photos because...who wants a bad photo of themselves floating around?  I am all about an after photo, though!


Then there was Melissa.  A long difficult divorce freshly behind her and it was time for a new color.  It is nice to see someone that embraces their natural curl and her new cut just helped it along.  Her change was a  rich chocolate brown from copper red to show off those beautiful eyes!  I took some saucy after photos of her....
The last appointment of the week was Linda.  She is close to meeting her goal weight!  Her body, mind and spirit transformation is REMARKABLE!  I have been doing her hair for 18 years and it has stayed long and dark brunette for most of it.  She has been losing  hair and we have been taking it a bit shorter for thickness and highlights for fullness.  Inspired by the photo of Jennifer Aniston on the cover of Marie Claire, we took it a lot shorter and put in even more highlights...although, I believe we will be going blonder!!  I stole this photo from here facebook page
I owe a big thank you to these ladies!  Letting me have my way with their hair and have some fun playing with their look- gave me my groove (and my good mood) back!
In between my hair transformations...I found a way to paint a tomato fun for the Tomato Fest. 
"big juicy" or Tomable
Has absolutely nothing to do with tomatoes...but, the plate does say "saucy"


For the love of chicken wire!!!

You know I like things that are wonkie!
I am ready to tackle all those sketches...color has returned:)  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment