Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful for it all

I love a holiday called "Thanksgiving"

I wish I were disciplined enough to have an hour everyday dedicated to it.  You know,  there is power in all things give thanks...... Even the toughest things this year have really navigated me into an understanding of my world that will serve to bring me much more happiness.


There are so many things that I am so incredibly grateful for.   On a personal level its the amount of love I feel every minute of every day.  Not just moments of joy but the brick wall of love that backs me--It's honest, real and I can put my trust in it.

On a professional level, it is the ability to "do my thing" that I am the most thankful for this year.  Pass or fail...Sell or no Sell...love it or hate it....fans or haters...good experience or bad.  It's the only thing I have ever done that is ALL mine.  Now having people say I LOVE YOUR WORK is much more fun than shouldering  the criticism.  But if I am being honest, the funky stuff has it's place too.  I have had some of my best growth in life when someone shined a bright light with a mirror attached to it and told me what they think.  It doesn't matter if they did it to be mean...if I benefit.  They are still just mean and I am better.  I'll take that!  One of my favorite sayings is, "If God can speak through the mouth of an Ass...he can speak through her!"  The inside of this Art adventure looks totally different than you would think.  When I talked to a friend about it she said, "back stage and Vanity Fair ain't "Vanity Fair" either!" (hear that......BOOM....a fantasy just exploded)

This has been my most banner year in art!  I makes my brain hurt when I think back to this time last year.  I was just hoping to get in half of the shows I was submitting for!  All of my ideas have not been great ones, I was misunderstood a lot this year and some relationships fell apart, I WAY overbooked myself, and the world of licensing was quite the learning experience.  I am so thankful for my tight little support group that helped me navigate it all without ANY judgement.  Just "how can I help you" is what I would hear.  MY close peeps (including the best man in the world) have the sweetest servants hearts and virtually blocked out all the other noise.  If you don't have a group like that-GET ONE!!  The person you call when you hear good news should be the one you can call with something you need help with.  If there are people that are only there for the good call, I would strongly suggest changing up your speed dial;).

This is the time of year that I reflect over what worked and what didn't and why.  And I always come to the same conclusion....You always have to remember that you are just one girl navigating "your own" path.  As much as we want to please other people, keep them on board with our vision and have them validate everything we do.....there is a balancing act with that and you just being a plain old codependent.  

So today, I am thankful for all the lessons I have received this year.  The little reminders of how incredibly blessed I am and the little signs that if I tweaked just a tiny bit here and there I would have a much better overall Life experience. And that it's not selfish to do so. That is why we work so hard, right??  The pursuit of happiness!!

Today....some fellowship with a group of people who totally get me.  Then on to December...where I hunker down and dump out all these crazy ideas that have been building up in my brain and make some pretties for 2014!  Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment