Sunday, January 20, 2013

My BIG news!

What a week this has been!

So, here is my big news.  I know it was mean of me to post that I had a secret and leave it like that.  It was kinda fun how many people thought I was pregnant, engaged, moving....you name it. 

To be honest, it took a week for it to sink in.  I wanted to shout it from the rooftops.  It was so surreal, so overwhelming that I wanted to meet my deadline first. 

YAYYYY!!!  I got a LICENSING deal!  I GOT A LICENSING DEAL!!!    A HUGE one! 

I went to the Atlanta Market this last weekend and I was just hoping to put into the hands of the creative director of this international home decor company called Creative Co-op, a USB drive of my artwork. It was in hopes that she would consider it for a licensing deal.  My friend, Tawnya had a meeting with her and and at the end of her meeting introduced me and told her that I sell REALLY well in her store.  The creative director, Tamra (even though she was running late for a meeting) stopped and asked to see my work.  She took about 5 seconds and said, I LOVE THIS and can you come back in 30 minutes.  A couple of hours later I left promising to paint, scan and send 36 images by Monday the 21st.  She could not have been more thrilled, encouraging and saying over and over. "This is going to be HUGE.".  And I could not have been more giddy!

What does this mean.....It's like being a song writer and getting 36 songs picked up by a major recording artist all at once.  This international company has large showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas, High Point and Vegas.  They sell to retail stores, catalog companies, boutiques, big box stores, large online companies...etc, etc. 10,000 buyers all over the country.  They will put my images on furniture, wall decor, frames, dishes, journals, pillows, clocks, trays......you name it! 

The merchandise with my images will be ready for market in July..GULP.  If the buyers pick up the line then this is HUGE.  If not..... well then I am back to my same fabulous life I had before.  If my line becomes popular, aside from the financial security, this will give me much more time.  Time to really spend time on a piece of art.  Time to collaborate with my creative friend, Tawnya and my super talented twin sister, Ellie.  My originals will still be sold exclusively at C'est Moi in Brentwood......matter of fact about 30 are heading there this week! 

This week I am back to my agenda before my creative life got a curve ball.  Getting ready for a Valentine Show and booking workshops!

Whew.........since i painted all of those images in three days........Tonight my feet are up, tea in hand and a little Downton Abbey is in order.  I am thankful, humbled and oh so inspired. 

Cheers!!




1 comment:

  1. Dear Kellie,

    I am at this moment placing a large order for your FABULOUS designs to sell in my shop..The Empty Nest....I am so excited!!! Congratulations!!!

    Janet xox
    The Empty Nest

    ReplyDelete